Thursday 25 April 2013

Favourite Drama Series

I have no idea why I didn't start the blogging thingy with these two. The two TV series that I currently enjoy the most are: The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

In the last 10 years there have probably been at least one low budget zombie movies each month. I got fed up with them. Some of the zombies moved a bit faster, than the others, but basically they were all the same. They sucked!

Then came The Walking Dead. Now it's true, it is about zombies, but it is a whole lot more, than that. The series focuses on a group of people who try to survive after the zombie apocalypse. You begin to care for these characters and slowly, you even forget about the zombies lurking around every corner. That is why I think it is one of the best series out there.

Image from AMC

Game of Thrones, is probably the most complex series ever made. It is based on George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels. I remember I became hooked, right after the first episode. It is a fantasy series, but it had taken the time to introduce characters and locations first, and only later did it take a turn and started exploring the mystical elements of that world. It was an instant success and hopefully it will have many, many seasons, and it will cover all of the seven books. I don't think I've ever seen a more versatile and detailed world portrayed. There are so many characters, that it is hard to keep track of all of them. There are multiple story arcs, and the cast is simultaneously filming on more locations, just to create a believable icy north or a sandy south.

Image from Pop Cults


If you haven't seen these two series yet, I suggest you don't waste any more time and take a few days off from work, because if you start watching them, you won't be able to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment